Friday, September 28, 2007

Week Nine: "I" for Incomplete

Unfortunately, last weekend I didn't even come close to getting all of my training miles done. ACK! I completed my 15 miles on Saturday, walking with our dogs for a few miles, with my friend Heather for almost 8 miles, with our dogs for a couple more miles, and then with just Fresco for couple of miles. With breaks in between each leg it wasn't bad at all!

My training began to go downhill on Sunday morning, when I woke up with such a terrible sore throat I couldn't get out of bed for church. The afternoon rolled around and I still couldn't get out of bed to go volunteer at the Humane Society. The evening rolled around and I still couldn't get out of bed to do any walking! I didn't get a single one of my scheduled 11 miles done that day!

I only felt slightly better on Monday, and while I was up and around the house by the afternoon, I still wasn't up for any walking. I got 3.5 miles in on Tuesday, almost 2 miles in on Thursday, and almost 4 miles in this morning. I'm definitely feeling a little unprepared for my 17 mile walk tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment