Monday, September 10, 2007

Week Seven: My Feet Hurt

I have to admit that my feet are starting to feel the effects of all of my training walks! On Saturday morning, I walked the dogs a couple of miles before starting off with my awesome walking partner Amber on a 10+ mile trek. As usual, Amber's quick 4 m.p.h pace (which we kept up for 10.6 miles, by the way) really wore me out! I felt pretty good while walking, but for the rest of the day I could barely keep my eyes open! I was in bed, exhausted, by 9:30 on a Saturday night! :)

On Sunday, I got up and walked the dogs two miles before church, and then played a couple of softball games in the afternoon. To make my remaining 7 miles a little more interesting, I went and picked up Fresco the foster dog after softball and then took him back to the ballpark I'd just come from. After a quick hot dog and some chips (very healthy "fuel" food, I know), Fresco and I started out on the walk home, which was about 7.3 miles. He'd already walked 2 miles that day, but he didn't have any problem going an additional seven! It's fairly easy to keep a good pace with one dog (with 3, not so much) so we were home in just under 1 hour and 50 minutes of walking time (not counting stoplights and water breaks). During the journey I could definitely tell I'd walked almost 13 the day before--the bottoms of my feet started getting really sore. Although this was something I really struggled with last year too, part of it might be that my shoes are starting to wear out! My favorite walking shoes are some that I got towards the end of last year's training, which means I've had them for over a year, and I'm guessing I've put a lot more miles on them than the average person does! I'll definitely need to shell out the cash for a new pair before too much longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment