Wednesday, September 5, 2007

An Easy Weekend

I'm a little late in reporting on last week's training, partially because of a busy Labor Day weekend, and partially because it just wasn't that exciting! It was kind of a "rest" week, where the weekend mileage is dropped back significantly just to give you a break in the midst of your training. I was scheduled for 6/5 miles on Saturday/Sunday (which seems like a piece of cake after doing over 10 the Saturday before), and my walking partner Amber and I walked about 6.5 on Saturday morning. Since I'd already walked the dogs about 1.5 miles before Amber and I set out, I definitely got more miles in that day than I really needed! The weather was pretty nice and we saw some new sites along a different walking path, which is always good.

Early on Sunday morning, the dogs and I headed out for a 5 mile walk. Because the weather was so cool and beautiful, Celtic and Hope were easily able to complete their longest training walk of the year! Fresco also came along, but 5 miles was no big deal for him since he'd already walked 7 with me last weekend. Hope and Celtic did one 7 mile walk themselves last year, but the heat and their advancing ages have prevented any walks of that length recently!

I'm looking forward to my 12 mile walk this Saturday, but Sunday's 9 miles might be a bit of an inconvenience since we have a softball double header right in the middle of the day. I'm crossing my fingers for cool weather! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment