Sunday, September 9, 2007

Fabulous Friday

Friday was a very big day! More specifically, it was the day I reached one of my most important 3-Day milestones! I'm so excited to report that on Friday I received a very thoughtful donation from my coworker Linda that brought my fundraising total to exactly $2200! Although my personal fundraising goal is still $3,000, I now have the minimum amount needed to participate.

Linda's gift was a very special one, not only because it was made in honor of her sister-in-law who was just diagnosed with breast cancer last week, but also because Linda had already given me a generous donation for the event many weeks ago! Her first gift was in memory of her grandmother who died of breast cancer, as well as two other friends who are survivors. When her sister-in-law was diagnosed, she felt compelled to donate again. Much like me, Linda has watched way too many women close to her battle this terrible disease! Through gifts like hers, someday we hope that fighting breast cancer will be a thing of the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment