Thursday, September 20, 2007

Eight Weeks Down and Eight To Go!

Once again, I haven't found time to talk about my weekend of walking until now, when the week is almost over! It was certainly a busy weekend, which made it difficult to get all those training miles done, but I managed. Saturday was the first day that my teammate Vikkie and I were able to walk together. She came over to Lawrence with her husband Brett and Beagle Debo, and after an insanely wild meeting of the dogs we took them out for a 5 mile walk. Soon after we dropped them off and got some snacks, we headed back out for a 4 mile walk to the nearest Quinzo's, where our husbands met us for lunch. After lunch we took the long way home to finish off our last 5 miles. Breaking it up that way made it go pretty fast, although we didn't get finished until around 3:00. Because of some morning rain, we didn't get started as early as we would have liked!

Sunday was the super crazy walking day. After going to early church and then working at the nursery during the late service, I went straight to our favorite restaurant to have lunch while watching the Steelers' game. At halftime I headed over to the Lawrence Humane Society, where I started logging my training miles while I was walking shelter dogs and taking their pictures, completing about 3 miles in the 2 hours that I was there. Immediately after arriving home and changing clothes , Chad and I took the 3 dogs for a 4 mile walk. After dropping Chad, Hope and Celtic off at home, I went back out with Fresco for another walk just over 3 miles. After getting my 10 miles in, I went straight to the softball diamonds to play a double header! Wow, was I tired! I could hardly keep my eyes open by the time we headed home at 10:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment