Sunday, August 26, 2007

A 17 Mile Weekend

This weekend I had some terrific training walks! The weather was much nicer than it has been, which definitely helped, but the best part was that I had a great walking partner again! My friend Amber walked almost 10.5 miles with me early on Saturday morning. She is such a trooper! I can't fathom that someone who isn't even training for the 3-Day would want to walk that far when she doesn't even have to! Walking with a good friend makes the time just fly by, so yesterday we were home before it even felt like we got started. It was probably the first walk where my legs felt tired after we were finished, because we never stopped to rest or stretch and we walked quick 15 minute miles. My feet were also feeling a little sore afterwards, but I think that was good because it means I'm building up some callouses!

This morning I walked another 7 miles, and although my walking partners for today weren't nearly the conversationalists that Amber is (okay, they don't actually converse at all), it was still nice to have company. I took Celtic, Hope and our new foster dog Fresco on the 3.4 mile out and back route from our house to Kasold drive. Since Hope and Celtic are technically "seniors" I don't want to push them too hard, so I dropped them off at home and got a snack, and then Fresco and I set back out on the same route a second time. He's only about 1 year old, so he has tons of energy and could probably do at least 10 miles without too much trouble! He was definitely pooped once we got home, but he didn't slow down while we were out on our walk! It was great to have a walking companion!

No comments:

Post a Comment