Friday, August 24, 2007

A Change of Scenery

Last weekend, Chad and I were on vacation at my Dad's in Athens, Ohio. It's a beautiful area of the country, and I was able to enjoy some new scenery while doing my training walks for the week. Dad did lots of walking with me, as did my brother (who was also visiting) and Chad. We took about a 3 mile hike in the nearby Hocking Hills State Park on Saturday, and then later that evening Chad and Eric and I walked around the Ohio University campus for another 3 miles.

I did my long walk of 8 miles on Sunday on a beautiful hike/bike path called the Hockhocking Adena Bikeway. Chad, my dad and his wife biked while I walked, so every once in a while I'd have someone loop back to keep me company. It was really pretty and the weather there was much better than it was here! It was definitely nice to have a change of scenery!

No comments:

Post a Comment