Wednesday, August 15, 2007

There and Almost There!!

Monday night, my friend and teammate Vikkie reached a BIG milestone! She has completed her $2200 minimum in fundraising! Yeah Vikkie! And to think she was worried that it would be difficult--she's there with 13 weeks to spare! :)

To be honest, I was a little discouraged about my own fundraising until a couple of days ago. In the middle of May, I sent out a solicitation email to about 55 of my donors from last year, and had about 24% of those people respond with a gift, with a few more of them giving me a verbal pledge. Then in late July, I sent out another email just to those friends who hadn't ever made a gift before, and initially only 8% of them responded. As of August 5 it had been 5 days since I had any donations at all, and I was starting to get a little bit worried! Then last Monday, a very generous gift from my dear cousin Darren was posted to my account, which seemed to get the ball rolling again! Soon after, I got gifts from a repeat donor, a brand new donor and two of my work friends! Suddenly my account was totaling over $2000! I'm so close to that milestone of $2200 and I'm so thankful for all of my supporters who helped me get there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment