Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fundraising and Training Update

I'm excited to report that it's been a terrific week for both training and fundraising! Chad and I just got back from a trip to Nebraska to visit our friends Jake and (my teammate) Amber, so Amber and I got to walk both a 14 mile and an 18 mile training walk together. Although our 18 miler was hot and Amber struggled with a few blisters, we survived and are feeling more prepared than ever for Chicago. We will be finishing up the 60 mile walk just one month from today!

Thankfully, Amber and I have both raised more than half of our total needed funds, thanks to the generosity of 48 donors between us. The fundraising really picked up for me last week, thanks in part to several brand new donors who saw my posts on Facebook. I'll reach my goal with just 30 more people making a $35 gift in the next 30 days! The end is definitely in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment