Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fundraising Has Begun!

As I was sending out a few donation thank yous this morning I realized I hadn't actually updated my blog since starting my fundraising! I sent out my first fundraising emails a week ago to all of my wonderful repeat donors, and thankfully I've gotten several responses this first week. As always, Chad is worried that I don't have enough time to raise $2300, so now I'm on a mission to prove him wrong. :) In his defense, when I was looking back at my past years' fundraising totals today, I realized that I started my fundraising at least 3 weeks later than I did last year!

With that said, I feel like fundraising is still going okay. The event is a month from this weekend, and as of right now I need to average about $475 in donations in each of then next 4 weeks to reach my $2300 minimum. I think that's totally doable!

Breaking it down in another way, I need about 75 friends to make a $25 donation and I'll be finished. Since I have over 400 friends on Facebook, I'm hopeful that just a handful of them will step up and give me just $25. If I can get just five or so $100 donors in there (last year I had 14 people who gave $100+), then I'll only need about 55 of those $25 donors. Again--totally doable in the next four weeks! I might just have to work a little harder and be a little more persistent than I have in the past! If you'd like to avoid my persistence and haven't given yet this year, click here to make your donation now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment