Monday, October 8, 2007

Easy Week Eleven

This last weekend was such a nice break from the long walks of the last few weekends. We only had to do 10 and 8 miles on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. I walked a couple of miles with my dad, who is visiting from Ohio, on Saturday morning, and then the remaining 8 miles with my loyal walking partner Amber. It was remarkably humid for a fall morning in October, but we had an enjoyable walk none the less.

On Sunday, the dogs and I took a 5 mile walk despite getting sprinkled on a few times, and then after dinner my dad and I went out for another mile and a half. In my final 1.5 miles, I practiced my speedwalking--it's much easier to walk quickly when you don't have to carry on a conversation! Plus, when you're alone with your thoughts and it's dark outside, you want nothing more than to get FINISHED with your walk!

I'm going to try to increase my mileage a little this week to prepare myself for next weekend: our back-to-back 18/15 walks! It's going to be a big time commitment, one that I would prefer not to have next weekend since my brother's coming to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment