Monday, May 23, 2011

Chicago--Here We Come!

Clearly I failed to blog the details of DC last season, but that's not going to stop me from reopening the 3-Day blog for 2011! I'm so excited about the 3-Day this year, as I will be walking in Chicago with my good friend Amber in only 11 weeks! Amber has been a loyal 3-Day supporter and training partner for the last several years, and I could not be more thrilled that she decided to join my team. Jayhawks for Jugs will once again be a team of only two (apparently recruiting is not my strong suit), but it's the quality of teammates that counts to me and not the quantity! We are going to have a fantastic time!

The Chicago event is the first weekend in August, so I need to get on the ball with my fundraising, which I haven't exactly started yet. I have started training though--I walked 6 miles on Saturday and another 4 today. This weekend I'm planning to do 8/6 on Saturday/Sunday. I've created a 12 week training schedule here if you'd like to follow along with our team!

I'll be sending out my solicitation emails soon, but until then, if you'd like to get me started on my fundraising, feel free to click the donate button on the left!

No comments:

Post a Comment