Saturday, July 28, 2007

Training Week One: In Review

As you know, this was my first official week of training. While I'm usually a stickler for completing every single mile on my training schedule, I have to admit I was kind of a slacker this week. My plan was to walk two miles every weekday and then 5/3 on Saturday/Sunday. On Tuesday, my evening walking plans were scrapped when our friend Dan invited us to go out to the lake after work. We had a great time (I did a little swimming while the guys took turn skiing and wake boarding), but we got home too late to do any walking.

I made up a mile that I'd missed by walking 3 miles Wednesday morning, but then Thursday after my second steroid injection for my back (this time closer to my tailbone--ouch!) I was way too sore to consider walking. I made up another mile by walking 3 miles Friday morning, which was really okay since that pattern was a little bit closer to the suggested weekly schedule anyway.

The best part of my first week of training was this morning's 5 mile walk, because I had lots of company! My good friends Amber, Beth and Kristin got out of bed way before the sun came up to meet me at 6 a.m. for my first long training walk! It was great!! Having people to talk to makes the time just fly by, and these friends are always great company! I am so thankful for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment