Monday, July 16, 2007

A Week Away From Training Day

One week from today, I will officially start my training, and I'm very excited! During the last week, my 3-Day future seemed a little uncertain after an aggravation of the bulging disc in my back that happened on July 4. For five days I couldn't walk without excruciating pain, so I was having a hard time imagining how I was going to walk 60 miles in a few months. Thankfully, last Thursday I had my first epidural steroid injection (which was actually scheduled prior to the July 4 aggravation), and I'm so glad to report that it has already made a huge difference! Only two days later I was feeling almost normal, and tonight I actually walked the dogs for the first time! The steroid used was a time-released drug that should actually peak in a couple of weeks, so hopefully I'll continue to improve and be 100% healthy by later this month! I'm ready to walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment