Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Let's Get Serious

Now that the Relay for Life is complete, I'm ready to start getting serious about my 3-Day fundraising. I recently surpassed the $700 mark thanks to my friend and coworker Laurie (who is herself a breast cancer survivor), which puts me within a few hundred dollars of the half way point! This week I need to send out donation forms in the mail to a few people who requested them after receiving my email, as well as to a few donors from last year who don't have an email address. Since I have to complete my fundraising 30 days before the event in order to do online check-in, that means I have just under 4 months to get my fundraising completed! I need to get on the ball!

In other 3-Day related news: a new logo for the event was recently unveiled! Pretty exciting, I know. Although I'm not as big of a fan of hotter pink, I hope that means that we'll soon be receiving t-shirts just for registering like we did last year. They always serve as a great conversation starter and a great way to identify other 3-Day walkers around town. Last year I met a fellow walker at a softball game, and this year I met one at Mutt-n-Strut who will be walking in Cleveland.

Within a month or so I'll start my official training, so I'll be posting the details of that within the next couple of weeks. At that point I'll be looking for walking partners! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment