Sunday, June 24, 2007

Training Schedule

Last year, I followed the suggested 24 week training schedule put out by the 3-Day organization. Not only did that feel like an eternity, but by the time the event rolled around, I felt completely over-prepared. The walk didn't really turn out to be that hard after 580 miles of training!

So this year, I decided that I'd use the shorter 16 week training schedule as a guide, and then create my own less time consuming plan instead. Last year, the walks that were difficult to fit into the week were the 5 and 6 mile walks on the weekdays. Trying to walk 6 miles before work means getting up at 5 a.m., which I'd like to try to avoid if possible! Instead of walking 3-6 mile walks on 2 different weekdays, I decided I would instead walk about 2 miles every weekday. Since I walk the dogs about a mile and a half almost every night anyway, it won't be much of a change in schedule, and all in all, the weekly miles will be about the same. So, here is my planned schedule:

So only about 4 more weeks until I get started! I'll definitely be looking for walking partners during those weeks, so if you're interested in joining me, definitely let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment