Monday, October 12, 2009

Amazing Donations!

Although my training might not be going too well this year, the fundraising has been fabulous during these first 10 days! Thank you, friends, for your amazing generosity! Chad's Aunt Meg got me started, just like she did last year, and my mom's friend Carol was close behind. The donations have been steadily pouring in, and today I got a $500 donation from a friend who is also a breast cancer survivor! Thank you so much--you know who you are! :)

Along with the donations of money to my 3-Day account, this weekend I also got a terrific in-kind donation as well! Let me start the story by saying that the right shoes are extremely important when walking 60 miles, so the first year I did the 3-Day I went to a specialty shoe store and was professionally fitted for shoes (which were very expensive) for the walk--and they ended up fitting so poorly that I couldn't even wear them after the first couple of months of training! After that I went to Famous Footwear and fit myself for my shoes...and I've had terrific luck with all the ones I've picked out on my own--not to mention I've spent way less!

So anyway, I was just thinking that I needed to get out to Famous Footwear and get some new shoes for this year's walk, and then I was talking to our friend Ryan, who owns/manages Brown's Shoe Fit in downtown Lawrence. Ryan said that instead of giving me a donation of money for the walk this year, he would actually donate my shoes--and I don't mean the cheap $50 shoes I've been buying myself the previous 3 years! I went down to his store on Thursday, and Ryan let me try on several different (all pink, of course) pairs, and in the end he GAVE me these awesome Pumas, with some fancy Thorlos as well!



This was an amazing gift, and I can't thank Ryan enough for his incredible generosity! Hooray for Ryan at the Lawrence Brown's Shoe Fit! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment