Monday, August 4, 2008

Easy Week

This weekend there wasn't much to report on training because Mom and I actually didn't go out and walk together. It was an easy "rest" weekend of training--a weekend where the schedule has you scaling back on your mileage to take a break and allow your body some recovery time. Since we were only supposed to walk 4 and 3 miles on Saturday and Sunday respectively, I left Mom to walk alone since I knew she'd breeze through those walks with ease.

In case you're interested, here is the schedule we're following this year. I slightly modified the 3-Day organization's suggested 24-week training schedule, only because when we followed it a couple of years ago we felt way over-prepared. This one has the same long walks on the weekends, but just not as many miles and not as much cardio during the week.


As you can see, we're currently 16 weeks away from the actual event in November. Last year, my friend Vikkie and I followed the 16-week training schedule put out by the folks at the 3-Day, and we still felt somewhat over-prepared for the 60 miles! You know what this means? It means YOU still have plenty of time to join us in our goal of walking 60 miles in the Breast Cancer 3-Day this year!! I'll be sending out a recruitment letter soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment