Sunday, November 4, 2007

My Final Week of Training!

It's finally here! The final weekend of training before we head off to San Diego. I can't believe we leave in just a few days! Since we'll start walking in less than a week, it was another easy week with regards to training. On Saturday, there was only a 10 mile walk on the schedule, so I walked about 2 miles to and from and around the stadium for the KU football game, walked the dogs 4 miles after coming home from the game, and then walked another 4 on my own. It was a pretty unexciting day of walking, really!

Today I only had 8 miles to walk, and I did about a mile of that at the Humane Society with my doggy friends there. Upon my return home, my dear husband went with me to walk the dogs about 3.4 miles, and then I walked for another 4, in just under an hour, on my own. It's funny how 8 miles just seems like nothing when you're used to walking 13-18!

This week I'll probably only walk 2-3 miles with the dogs each evening, and then Thursday will be our day of rest as we travel out to San Diego! I can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment