Sunday, October 3, 2010

Training

The last several weekends I've fully intended to post an update about how my training has been going, but unfortunately I've been spending so much time walking I've had no time for blogging! My training has been going really well thanks to a ton of supportive friends. After sending out an email asking for friends who'd be interested in walking shorter portions of my long walks with me, I had so much interest I had to set up a walking schedule online. I set my office as my home base and mapped out several 4 mile loops around the location on MapMyRun.com, and then downloaded their free app so that I'd have the maps with me when I walked. My friends met me at my office (most of the time--on occasion I'd walk or drive to their house) and we'd take a 4 mile loop around the building and then when we got back another friend would be waiting. It worked out great and was so helpful keeping me motivated. I worked my way up to 18 miles last Saturday and another 14 on Sunday, but yesterday when I was supposed to d0 10 more, I actually spent most of the day in bed! Sickness has sidelined me on my last training weekend, but I figured that getting myself healthy before leaving on Wednesday was probably more important than walking!

Thanks to all of my wonderful friends who've walked with me over the last 5 weeks: LaRisa (who actually did 8 miles one day!), Amanda, Jenna, Leigh Ann, Beth, Robyn, Kristin, Cara, Megan and my dear husband Chad, who walked 5 miles with me one more when I had no other walking partners!

No comments:

Post a Comment