Sunday, July 18, 2010

2010 3-Day Season

The 2010 3-Day season is almost here! The first of the 15 events of 2010 kicks off in Boston next weekend, so I figured I should probably get the 2010 3-Day blog season kicked off as well! Thank you for reading and thank you for your ongoing support.

This year I'll be participating in the 3-Day event in Washington, DC during the second weekend in October. Thankfully, I didn't have to search very long for a teammate this time around, since my ambitious and determined dad decided that he wanted to walk along with me! We'll be celebrating Dad's 70th birthday just a few weeks early in our nation's historic capital. Dad is following the 16-week training schedule pretty closely and finished his 8 mile training walk yesterday without any problem. I'm so proud of him and really looking forward to spending the weekend with him in DC!

I haven't started formally training this year, although I joined some Boston walkers from Lawrence for 14 and 18 miles training walks recently, even though I hadn't done any training prior to that 14 miles! I was really amazed at how easily I was able to complete those walks, which has made me realize I definitely don't need to do much training until September!

I haven't officially started my fundraising yet either, but hopefully within the next few weeks I'll be sending out emails to all of my past supporters. If you'd like to make a donation towards my $2500 goal before then, please check out my 3-Day fundraising page here. I only need 100 friends to give me $25 and I'll be set!

Thanks again for your support! I hope you'll check back soon for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment