Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ready, Set, Go!!

I'm 99% packed this morning, and all that's left to do is walk the dogs before we leave. I'm so excited! Just 24 hours from now I'll be starting out on my 60 miles! Last weekend I was able to complete 10 miles Saturday and 10 miles Sunday without any problems at all, so I'm hopeful that my back will hold up for 3 times that amount if I take care of it this weekend. I've packed lots of icy hot patches, ice packs, ibuprofen and all-natural muscle relaxers, so I think I'm all set! I finished up my memorial list and ironed it onto a little banner to wear on my waist pack. Now everyone will see who I'm walking for when I pass them! ;)



When I registered a few weeks ago I thought I would be going to Dallas without knowing a soul. Now that Brandy and I are planning to tent and walk together, I'm sure the event will be tons more fun. Did I mention I was excited??

I won't have access to any blogging while I'm away, so my reports on the event will have to wait until next week. Thanks to everyone for your loyal support that has enabled me to participate in this wonderful event!

No comments:

Post a Comment